BIMCO, ICS, INTERCARGO, INTERTANKO and WSC have sponsored a number of submissions and issued concerns to IMO Member States to help smooth the implementation of the global 0.5 percent sulphur in fuel cap, in advance of the critical meeting that will be held in London during the second week of July.
These submissions include papers on:
- a standard format for a ship specific implementation plan with many actions ships may need to consider for achieving compliance but also a call for a practical and pragmatic approach from IMO Member States when verifying compliance with the 0.50% global sulphur cap;
- safety implications associated with 2020 fuels and their respective challenges;
- a draft standard for reporting on fuel oil non-availability;
- proposals for amendments to MARPOL Annex VI to require sampling points for fuel oil; and
- verification issues and control mechanism and actions.
Click here to see the complete statement.