On January 16, 2019, the Department of State will conduct a meeting, open to the public, in Washington, D.C. The primary purpose of the meeting is to prepare for the 6th International Maritime Organization (IMO) Sub-Committee on Ship Design and Construction.
Topics to be covered include:
- Revised SOLAS regulation II-1/3-8 and associated guidelines (MSC.1/Circ.1175) and new guidelines for safe mooring operations for all ships.
- Review SOLAS chapter II-1, parts B-2 to B-4, to ensure consistency with parts B and B-1 with regard to watertight integrity.
- Finalization of 2nd generation intact stability criteria.
- Mandatory instrument and/or provisions addressing safety standards for the carriage of more than 12 industrial personnel on board vessels engaged on international voyages.
- Amendments to the 2011 ESP Code.
- Safety measures for non-SOLAS ships operating in polar waters.
- Unified interpretation to provisions of IMO safety, security, and environment-related Convention.